particular physical and mental requirements.
The “Ayurveda Wellness Therapies” that Santhigram offer will reduce the physical suffering to a great extent, control several dreaded disabilities, ward off the middle age syndrome, retard the aging process and provide unlimited curative powers for body and mind by repairing the worn out tissues revitalizing the body, increasing memory power, improving vigor and vitality and make oneself physically and mentally fit.
Details of some of the Therapies are given below.
External Oleation Therapy with Medicated Oils
Abhyangam is a popular Ayurvedic therapy which is done with a combination of specially prepared Ayurvedic herbal oils & applied all over the body stimulating the vital points.
This is very good for the general health of the skin. It prevents early aging and relieves muscular aches & pain.
After the Abhyangam normally Swedana (Herbal Steam Bath) is advisable.
- tones up the muscle
- improves the blood circulation
- increases the skin luster – makes the skin younger
- rejuvenates the body and strengthens all the tissues so as to achieve ideal health and longevity
- increases primary vitality (Ojas) and resistance
- beneficial to the eyes
- gives sound sleep
- effective in rheumatism
- controls fat
- reduces sagging of skin
- reduces stress
A herbal steam treatment to release impurities from the skin and soothe aching muscles and joints.
A herbal steam treatment that allows the body to perspire and release impurities from the skin.
- helps soothe painful, sore or aching muscles and joints
- improves blood circulation
- improves body complexion
Medicated leaves used to treat all sorts of degenerative ailments and arthritis.
A kind of sudation therapy using medicated leaves. The proportion of ingredients varies according to the symptoms of the diseases.
- treats diseased conditions such as joint pain, muscle cramps, rheumatic arthritis
- treats all sorts of Degenerative Ailments
A herbal fomentation of the body for treating malnourishment and wastage of muscles.
A process of fomentation of the body with linen bags
containing mixture of cooked Navara rice in a mixture of milk and herbal decoction.
- effective in cases of wastage of muscles, hemiplegia
- effective in treating diseases related to
A medicated oil therapy applied on the head to treat facial paralysis, insomnia and mental stress.
In this therapy a leather sleeve is tied over the head of the patient and medicated oil is poured into the sleeve. The oil is allowed to remain on the head for a specific duration depending on the severity of the diseased condition.
- effective in disorders like facial paralysis, insomnia and other diseases related to mental stress.
This Panchakarma procedure helps in clearing the sinuses and alleviating the pain in face, head and neck.
It also helps to reduce dark circles and puffy look around the eyes.
This is an Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy that involves an invigorating head massage followed by herbal steam inhalation and the application of hot towels.
Herbal nasal drops are then administered to loosen, melt and release mucus from the sinus passages.
- helps alleviate problems of excess mucus and blocked sinuses
Vasti is the most important of all the therapies in Panchakarama. It is effective for degenerative ailments and digestive disorders.
Vasti is an excellent treatment to mitigate all the doshas and helps to alleviate vata predominant diseases. It is also a rejuvenating therapy, helps to purify the body, maintain health and longevity.
This is a treatment in which specially prepared medicated oil or herbal decoction is provided to the client for internal cleaning along with proper guidance for its use. This is provided at the end of relevant treatment.
- is effective in conditions such as sciatica, rheumatic arthritis and degenerative ailments
- is good for health problems like colic, calculus, kidney stones, afflictions of the spleen and many other diseases caused by a Vata disorder.
Fine medicinal powder is used in a whole body massage to enliven and energize the body.
A whole body massage with fine medicinal powder to enliven and energize the body.
- is widely recommended for those with obesity or those wishing to lose weight
- helps to promote better digestion
- improves the health and luster of the skin
- makes muscles firmer
- increases blood circulation
Shirodhara (Sirodhara), Svedana (Swedana), Elakizhi, Navarakizhi (Njavarakizhi), Sirovasthi (Shirovasti), Nasyam, Vasti (Vasthi) are normally not provided individually and are clubbed with Uzhichil (Abhyanga).